wen zhou——Southeastern Landscapes are the best in the world
Wenzhou acquired its name due to its moderate climate. It was called Ou in ancient times. In 192 B.C., it is the capital of the king of East Ou, Zhou Yao. In the year 138, the county started to be built and was called the “Yongning County”. In the year 323, a capital was founded here as the Yongjia Shire. According to the legend, when the capital was built, there was a white deer holding a flower in the mouth and running around the city, thus gaining the name of Lucheng (deer city ), which means auspicious. In the year 675, it started to be called Wenzhou and the name has continued up to the present.
Wenzhou City has a total population of 7, 558, 000. It has a total land area of 11784 square meters, of which the urban areas have an area of 1082 square meters. It has a sea area of about 11000 square meters.
The sea, land and air traffic systems of the Wenzhou City are complete and smooth. It has opened to navigation with 58 cities at home and has two airlines to foreign districts; there are passing freight transport sea routes between its harbor and all harbors at home and it has navigation trade intercourse with more than 50 ports from more then ten nations and districts.
|PREV：Zhoushan Overview||Next：Yangzhou Overview|