2. To be responsible for making overall plans, coordinating and administrating education institutions; to put forward the establishment standards for all schools jointly with other agencies; to direct the pedagogical reform, and to collect, analyze, and release basic educational information.
3. To be responsible for promoting balance development of 9-year compulsory education and promoting educational equity; to conduct macro guidance on compulsory education, guide the work of common senior middle education, preschool education and special education. To formulate the basic requirements and basic teaching documents for primary and secondary schools; to organize the review and approval of national teaching materials for compulsory education.
4. To guide the supervisory work of China’s educational undertake. Take charge of organizing and guiding mid-level or below mid-level educations, and to organize the supervision and evaluation of the eradication of illiteracy among young and middle-aged adults; to direct the monitory work of base education development level and quality.
5. To guide the development and reform of vocational education taking the employment as the orientation; to compile the specialty catalogues and teaching guideline documents for mid-level vocational education, and to enact pedagogical appraisal standards and guide their implementation; to guide teaching material building and vocational guidance for the mid-level vocational education.
6. To guide the development and reform of higher education, and in charge of promoting the reform of the management system of institutions of national universities; to formulate the specialty catalogue and basic teaching documents for higher education, to examine and verity the establishment, renaming, abolishment and adjustment of colleges and universities with relevant government departments, and undertake the implementation and coordination of the Project 211 and Project 985. To plan and direct higher education and continuing education, and the evaluation of higher education.
7. To manage educational funds as a whole, take part in the formulation of guidelines and policies with regard to fund-raising, fund allocation and capital construction investment of educational purposes; to monitor educational fund applications across the country.
8. To plan and direct the educational work for the minority nationalities, and to coordinate the educational assistance to the minority areas.
9. To plan and direct the work of ideology and political education, morals, physical training, health, arts, and national defense education in schools of different categories and levels; to direct the work on the building of CPC organizations and stability in institutions of higher learning.
10. To administer nationwide teachers' work, to formulate and supervise the implementation of the professional qualifications for teachers of different categories and levels with relevant government departments; to make overall plans for the building of the forces of teachers and administrative staff for schools.
11. To manage the students’ recruitment work and responsible for the management of student registration for various colleges and universities; to make plans for recruiting students for institutions of higher learning, participate in the formulation of universities and colleges graduate employment policy, guide the graduate employment and carver out of colleges and universities with relevant government departments.
12. To plan and direct the research work of colleges and universities in natural science, philosophy and social sciences; to coordinate and guide the implement work of colleges and universities participating the development of a state innovation system and the implementation of state key scientific research programs; to guide the development and construction of colleges and universities technological innovation platform; to guide the work of the informationization of the education institution, the combination and innovation of “production, teaching and research”.
13. To organize and guide international exchanges and cooperation in respect of education; to formulate policies for Chinese students studying abroad, international students studying in China, Sino-foreign cooperation in running schools and enrolling children of foreign personnel; to plan, coordinate and guide the work of teaching Chinese as a foreign language; to be responsible for coordinating the educational cooperation and exchanges with Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan region.
14. To formulate guidelines and policies of nationwide work on languages and words; to compile mid-term and long-term programs for work on language and words; to formulate the norms and standards for Chinese language and minority nationality languages and organize their coordination, supervision and inspection; and, to guide the popularization and tests of Putonghua (Chinese).
15. To be responsible for the conferral of academic degrees; to be responsible for the implementation of academic degree conferral system; to be responsible for the work of international equal treatment and mutual recognition of academic degrees.
16. To be responsible for the coordination of relevant departments and institutions in the cooperation and exchanges with UNESCO in respect of education, science, technology, culture and other sectors; to be responsible for the liaison and exchanges with the head office and other relevant departments.
17. To undertake other assignments designated by the State Council.
- General Office
- To be responsible for the daily operations of documents and telegrams, meetings, confidential work, archives, finance and asset, open administration, press and publicity, visits and letters, security and secrets protection.</p>
- To plan and coordinate the teaching of ideological and political theories in universities and colleges; to plan and organize the studies on philosophy and social sciences, organize and coordinate the major social science research projects of the colleges and universities and guide their implementation; to supervise and administer the publications of the directly affiliated colleges and universities and other directly affiliated institutions, and guide and coordinate press and opinions of the educational institutions.
To plan and guide the science & technology work of universities and colleges; to coordinate and guide the implement work of colleges and universities participating the development of a state innovation system and implementation of state key scientific research programs; to guide the construction and development of scientific and technological innovation platform in higher education institutions; to guide the informationization of the education institutions and the combination of “production, teaching and research”.</p>
- To be responsible for the student recruitment of various colleges and universities, administer the academic records and registration of various types of higher education institutions; to direct careers guidance and information services to college and universities graduates, and graduates of local educational administrative departments; to participate in the formulation of universities and colleges graduate employment policy; to organize the implementation of specialized employment plan for graduates in urgent needed majors.
- To guide the colleges and universities in the formulation of development strategies and programs, standardize and supervise the running of directly affiliated universities; to guide and coordinate the adjustment and reform of the administrative systems of the directly affiliated colleges; to push forward jointly with relevant departments ideological and political work of the senior management teams in directly affiliated universities.
- Phone:010-6609 6114;
- To take charge of the implementation of the Regulations on Academic Degrees in the People's Republic of China; to conduct development and reform plan of academic degree and postgraduate education; to guide and administrate postgraduate education and subject construction; to be responsible for the establishment of graduate schools, the construction and administration work of national key subjects; to take charges of the implementation and coordination of the “211 Program” and the “985 Program”; to undertake the daily routines of the State Council Academic Degree Committee.
To formulate guidelines, policies and mid-term and long-term programs for languages and words; to organize the implementation of normalizing languages and words; to supervise and inspect the applications of languages and words; to organize the promotion of the Chinese Spelling and Pronunciation Plan and guide the promotion of Putonghua and training of Putonghua teachers; to undertake the daily routines of the State Language Commission of China.</p>
- To study and approve the standards and norms of languages and words and formulate language and words information processing standards; to guide the normalization building of the local words; to be responsible for the normalization of minority nationality languages and guide the research and application of information processing for minority nationality languages and words.
- To study and formulate guidelines and policies for the foreign affairs of China's educational sector, and draft relevant laws and regulations; to manage, coordinate and guide the educational cooperation and exchanges between China and other countries; to manage the cooperation and exchanges between China's educational sector and international organizations as well as inter-regional and governmental organizations to formulate management guidelines and policies for Chinese students studying abroad and international students studying in China, and to undertake overall management of Chinese students studying abroad and international students studying in China; to plan for, coordinate and guide the work of teaching Chinese as a foreign language; to manage programs of China’s educational assistance to foreign countries and foreign educational assistance to China; to participate in the administration of foreign teachers recruitment by various schools, and supervise the selection and employment of foreign teachers by affiliated colleges and universities; to review, approve and administer agencies and programs of educational institutions for educational cooperation and exchanges; to guide the operation of resident education offices in Chinese embassies and consulates; to manage the Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan affairs in respect of education on behalf of the Ministry of Education, formulate related policies, coordinate and guide the educational exchanges with Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan region.</p>
- Phone:010-6609 7572;
- To be responsible for the Party-masses work of the Ministry departments and directly affiliated institutions in Beijing. </p>
To be responsible for the cooperation and exchanges with UNESCO in respect of education, science, technology, culture and other sectors; to be responsible for the liaison and exchanges with the head office, Asia-pacific office and Beijing office of UNESO; to be responsible for the liaison with Chinese permanent delegation to UNESO and guide its work. </p>
- To be responsible for the ideological and political work of the students and teachers of the colleges and universities, give macro guidance on the building of CPC grassroots organizations, the building of spiritual civilizations and the building of coaches forces in the educational institutions; to be responsible for the stability work, as well as political and security work of the colleges and universities, and report and handle related major political issues and emergency events; to construct and administrater cyber culture at universities and colleges campus.
To macroly guide the physical, hygiene and health, and arts education of schools, formulate related guideline documents for physical, hygiene and arts education and pedagogy; to coordinate the colleges, secondary and primary schools and their students in participating in the international physical contest, arts education and other exchange activities; to guide and coordinate the national defense education of the schools and military training for students.</p>
To plan and guide the building of teachers forces for nationwide primary and secondary schools; to formulate education standard, training targets and specification, as well as basic teacher specialty catalogue for various normal colleges; to guide de pedagogical reform and the on-job training of normal colleges; to jointly formulate the professional qualifications standard of different categories and levels, and guide the implement of pedagogic seniority system.</p>
To study strategies for education reform and development, investigate and research on major policy-related issues; to plan and draft comprehensive education laws and regulations. To undertake relevant work of developing legal system and administration by laws; to take charge of the review and verification of related standardized documents of the Ministry, handle administrative appeals and responses to prosecutions against the Ministry.</p>
- To enact programs for the development of educational undertakings; to be responsible for the administrative system reform of colleges and universities; to formulate recruitment plans for regular colleges and universities and study and put forward qualification standards of various colleges and universities joint with relevant agencies; to put forward the establishment standards for all schools; to examine and verity the establishment, renaming, abolishment and adjustment of colleges and universities with relevant government departments; to collect and analyze basic educational information; to be responsible for construction and administration of directly affiliated colleges and universities and other directly affiliated institutions; to be responsible for conducting overall plan, general coordination and macro management of non-government funded education; to be responsible for safety supervision and logistic socialization reform of colleges and universities.
To be responsible for the cadre and personnel affairs and establishments of the directly affiliated colleges and universities, the Ministry departments and directly affiliated institutions and resident educational offices in embassies and consulates; to plan and guide the building of teachers and educational administrative staff forces; to coordinate and guide the internal personnel and job assignment rules for directly affiliated colleges and universities.</p>
- To participate in the formulation of policies and rules for the raising of the educational funds, fund allocation and assistance to impoverished students; to count the nationwide investment of educational funds; to administer the state-owned assets, budgets and final accounts, fiscal affairs and internal auditing work of the directly affiliated colleges and universities and other directly affiliated institutions; to administrate outlays for guarantee mechanism of compulsive education and educational special fund; to participate to set up loan from international financial organizations for supporting China’s education.
- In charge of conducting macro guidance on basic education with emphasis on the promotion of nine-year compulsory education and the eradication of illiteracy among young people, put forward policies and measures on promoting rural compulsory education with relevant government departments, recommend policies and measures to ensure students of all kinds can receive equal compulsive education; to formulate education norms and standards for compulsive education, and put forward pedagogical reform jointly with other agencies; to guide the ethic conduct education of primary and secondary schools, extramural education and safety management.
- In charge of macro management of common senior middle education, preschool education and special education; to formulate developing policies and basic teaching documents for common senior middle education, preschool education and special education; to review and approve the national teaching materials for basic education and promote curriculum reform; to guide the work of the informationization and the furnishing of books and teaching instruments of primary and secondary schools.</p>
|Please Take Me to:|
Ministry of Education, P.R.C.|
Jiào Yù Bù
No.37 Damucang Hutong, Xidan, Beijing (100816) |